ROLE CONFLICT AND ROLE TAKING





 A. Role Conflict


A few months ago, I was studying for a competitive exam. It was a challenging exam, and I had to give it my all in order to pass. I used to study at all hours of the day and night in order to attain my target, which would help me flourish in life. I was really well prepare
d, and my exams were just a month away. I was certain that if I prepared at a same pace, I would get acceptable results. One day, my dog was playing with my socks and dragging them around the house in his mouth, which is very typical and unremarkable. When I went to get my socks back from him, I realised one was gone. I didn't care and imagined he'd forgotten about it in some other room, so I quickly continued my studies. I had the sensation that my dog was unwell two or three days later while I was engaged with him, but there were no obvious signs of illness, so I continued to monitor him. The next day, he puked and had a fever. I had great suspicions that he had accidentally eaten the missing sock. To inspect him, I hurried to the nearest veterinarian facility. We used an X-ray to find out if he had eaten it. The doctor gave him some liquid, which led him to puke out the sock, and he was put on medicine for the next seven days. I had no choice but to look after him because no one else could. After around 6 days, he was OK and back to his usual puppy self. I had an exam coming up in about a week, and I wasn't able to study as much as I had hoped due to having to care for my cat. I took my exam and obtained a passing mark, despite the fact that I received an ordinary grade. I was divided between caring for my ailing cat and studying in this scenario. I did what I believed was proper since it is my moral and greatest obligation as the pet's owner to care for him. With the stress of the exam and my anxiety for my closest buddy, it was hard for me to study.


B. Role Taking


I recently saw an argument between a young boy and an older guy. Despite the fact that the youth was not at blame, he made a mistake that caused the old man to assume he was the one who had committed the error. The boy began to raise his voice, and the old man became even more stern with him. From afar, I deduced that, given his age, the kid shouldn't argue with the elderly; instead, he should ignore the reprimands and attempt to persuade the elderly that he wasn't at fault. However, as they say, easier said than done. I contemplated changing my viewpoint. I imagined what I would do if I were in that little boy's position. I would have replied by arguing or yelling at the old guy for scolding me without offering any evidence or facts about my error. I've taken on the role of the naive child and changed my thoughts to better understand that innocent boy's feelings and point of view when he was being reprimanded. However, I feel there was a more effective way of dealing with the matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOCIAL GROUPS: MEANING, ROLE AND STATUS AND IMPACT ON PERSONALITY.

"Brand history of Dove"